Friday, May 27, 2011

Apple TV MC572LL/A

I own a Boxee, Roku and now Apple TV. It is hands down the best video streamer box on the market today. As expected from Apple, the menu system alone is worth every penny of paying a little more from Apple. The Netflix on my blueray, Roku and Boxee is pure crap. I was ready to turn off my Netflix until I tried the AppleTV box. Apple must have gotten special treatment from Netflix... but who cares. The menu is clean easy to use and responsive.

Additional features in the box like Youtube, podcasting and other stuff all follow the same format.

The remote control is a joy to use. the Roku remote tears my thumb off from too much use. My bluray player remote has blind bumps on it that make your thumb bleed from too much pressing. (Boxee has a decent remote control.)

Streaming from the iphone and ipad is simple. The box automatic recognizes the devices thru airplay.


A major flaw of the box is the Apple Movie rental portion of the box. I have purchased 3 movies from them. All took soooo long to buffer and stream. Dont even think about rewinding inside a movie, your stream will break and then you are in for another 20 min delay. I will never order a movie from Apple again until that is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment